Can I charge the 12v 100ah battery with my vehicle alternator? Any protection needed to do so?

• Can I charge the 12v 100ah battery with my vehicle alternator? Any protection needed to do so? 

• The lithium battery cannot be charged with vehicle alternator.
    You can use lithium battery chargers, standard charger, solar or wind charge controller to charge our LiFePO4 deep cycle battery.

• I just bought 4 of your 100 amp batteries, intended for use in a boat, and am now installing.  The boat has a dual output Balmar alternator (e.g., one output for the starting battery and one for the Lipo batteries) and a Balmar 621 multistage alternator specifically noted as being acceptable for LiPo batteries.  Would I need a DC to DC charger, as mentioned above?  or would the noted alternator and regulator be acceptable?

Max Charge MC-618 Voltage Regulator

• 9 Selectable Programs for Marine Batteries (including LiFePO4)
      • 15 Amp Maximum Field Current
      • Advanced Programming Modes
      • Alternator & Battery Temperature Sensing & Control
      • Exclusive Belt Load Manager Function
      • Integrates with SG200 for Programming and Data Display

• @John K Johnson 

https://balmar.net/mc-618-voltage-regulator/

The Max Charge MC-618 should be available, the principle is to adjust the output voltage by comparing the battery voltage to achieve the purpose of adjusting the output current.

But you'd better confirm with the Voltage Regulator seller

• @Aolithium I've understood that while a vehicles alternator, via a 7-way connection, may not have the power to fully-charge the battery, any more than it can with an AGM, it shouldn't have any adverse affect... correct?